Monday 3 October 2011

Oh Christmas Tree!

Hi and happy Monday everyone. Hope you had a great weekend. We are still having a heatwave ( I'm just ready for autumn to start again now!).
I don't work on a Monday and was super busy with chores and bricklaying over the weekend that I decided to have a leisurely day.
I was taken out for lunch to a lovely pub right on the sea front and it was just fabulous.

When I got home I had an hour before doing the school run and decided to make a Christmas card to enter over at My Pink Stamper. Robyn is having a christmas card challenge to help us get ahead with our christmas cards.


Well,you know how much I 'love' my gypsy!! Not!! But I did get it out to design this card and it went well this time....ooh except for one small detail..I'll come back to that in a minute.

How cute is that red cardinal,I think it adds a lovely touch of colour.

Recipe
I welded and flipped the shadow cut of this tree from Winter Woodland. Now, I struggle with sizing the layers because even if I put in the same size the gypsy says it hardly ever turns out right for me!
So I thought I would be clever and put the width of 1 tree in as 3" before I welded. My shaped card cut out well and I decided I would cut the layers from the cartridge,the only thing is that's height not width....see not so clever was I? The height on the gypsy read 4.3" so I cut at 4.25". Learnt that lesson, Lol!
I ran the blue of the tree through an embossing folder and inked all edges.The 'snow' was cut from DCWV glitter card.
The red cardinal was cut at 1" - chopped his legs off! Ha,it's a good job he can fly!
Popped everthing with 3d foam and stamped the inside with Emma's Mixed Holiday Sentiments from My Creative Time.

To show the dimension.

Thought this showed the glittery snow better.

I'm really pleased how this turned out and think I'm going to make a few of these as they are so quick and easy!

Thanks for calling by.
Hugs
Jayne x

14 comments:

  1. I love this shaped card! The glitter snow looks awesome and I love the little bird! :)Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. That glittery snow is magical. What a pretty card. That cardinal just pops off the paper at ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is GREAT!! I love the tree shape & the colors & patterns you used!! Thanks for joining Robyn's My Pink Stamper Christmas Card Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely, Jayne! The glittered snow is fabulous - but the little red cardinal is the best detail of all! What a great shape card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jayne yes the little bird is so adorable and adds just the right pop of color!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable card Jayne! I had to giggle at you and your Gypsy! I thought I was the only one who messes up with that thing! tehehehe.... Of course I've gotten much better at it now, so I do use it more... And I hope you continue to use yours... you will see in time that it can be very helpful! :o) I also forgot to mention that I love all the dimension on your card... BEAUTIFUL! :o)

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another fabulous card Jayne! Love the red cardinal and the glittery snow is wonderful! love all the added dimension!! Fabulous card:)
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jayne this is gorgeous, you may have struggled with the sizing but you got there in the end so I now hope that if you intend on making more of these you remembered to save it! A beautiful shaped card.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very sweet card! I too love the cardinal, he adds such a nice touch to this little tree scene.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this card, Jayne! You can't tell you struggled with it at all! The glittery snow is so beautiful and the cardinal gives a great pop of color! Just gorgeous!! :D

    Lisa
    http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. aaarrrggghhh. Christmas cards - meant to start on them in January ... ooops. Love yours! So very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow so wonderful concept, i like the bird and the shape of card, but the tree shouldn't be in blue color.

    Plastic Cards
    Plastic card printing

    ReplyDelete