Monday 8 August 2011

Duckie

Hi,hope you all had a great weekend. We had a fun few days away. Today is my 100th post and 5 months since I started blogging! I was very nervous about it,who would want to see what little ole me created? I am so glad that I did enter this wonderful blog world as I have made some lovely friends and found lots of inspiration from many amazing people. Thanks for joining my journey.

School hols mean I have limited craft time and whilst my son was at cricket academy this morning I decided to make another stamped card. Although I use my cricut plenty,rubber stamping is what brought me to papercrafting.


I've called her Duckie.(My Mum's idea!). She is another Penny Black stamp from Fun in the Sun and probably has her own official name but I was on the phone to my Mum and told her I was just posting my duck girl card. She thought duck girl was a terrible title and that she should be Duckie but not spelt correctly! So Mum,Duckie just for you.


A side view to try to show the dimension.

Card Recipe
Kraft cardstock
DCWV - Cafe Mediterranean Papers
PB stamp
Promarkers
Stitching,inking and 3d foam
My Creative Time scallop and stitched circle die
Glossy Accents - on goggles & starfish bumps
Lace

I am entering Duckie into the following challenges...
My Craft Spot - #20 - Use hot colours
Stampalot Challenge - August challenge - Whatever you Fancy
Penny Black - #163 -Anything Goes (must use Penny Black stamp)
Birthday Sundaes - #21 - use birthday greeting
Paper Playtime - #52 - Water project
Frosted Designs - Colouring
The Paper Variety - citrus colour challenge
Thanks for looking and will be back tomorrow,bright and early. Enjoy your Monday whatever you're doing.
Hugs Jayne x

21 comments:

  1. Adorable card- I love the glossy accents on her goggles- very cute! The distressed edges are a nice touch! :)Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jayne, what an absolutely marvelous card creation. FABULOUS! ~Shen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Extraordinary! She is so precious just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's very cute, Jayne.Your little "Duckie" is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so adorable, Jayne! I love Duckie!! She is so sweet! The colors are beautiful and I love the touch of lace! Gorgeous card :)

    Lisa
    http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very sweet card. Love your little Duckie girl. Nice job.

    Kellie

    kardsbykellie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute Jayne! I love your coloring and the glossy accents is a great touch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, congrats on your 100th post! I have a Penny Black stamp on my blog today too! Great minds must think alike, lol! You did a lovely job on this card!

    chrissandlou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is stunning and precious! Wonderful coloring!
    Thank you for playing with us at Paper Playtime.
    Krista, summer guest designer
    http://www.KristasPaperCafe.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a very nice card. Great use of markers. Thanks for sharing.
    Eli (Frosted Designs)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute card...the lil duckie is adorable !! Thanks for playing along at My Craft Spot !
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  12. such a sweet card jayne......thanks for joining in th fun this week at Penny Black Saturday...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a really sweet card, Duckie looks set for a great adventure! Love the stitching and lace.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Jayne, this is sooo sweet! I love the little girl with her rubber duckie floatie! So cute! Thanks for playing along with us at Birthday Sundaes! I hope you'll join us again next week!
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  15. So cute! I love the image!

    Thanks for playing along with us at Birthday Sundaes! :)

    -Jo:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. so much work on this card...very cute....thanks for playing at TPV

    ReplyDelete
  17. So adorable!! I just love the Penny Black image and you did a fab job on coloring it in. Thanks for linking up this week at My Craft Spot.

    Hugs,
    Amy
    Scrapping Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a precious digital image. You colored her so well. Love the lace on your card as well. Thank you for sharing your card with us this week at Paper Playtime.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh so cute!! I love the image you used and nice job on the edge distressing. Thank you for playing along with my Birthday Sundaes challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is adorable, Jayne! Your stamping and colouring is fabulous! Duckie is such a sweet image, too!
    I also need a rest to recover from my holidays!!
    Thanks so much for playing along at My Craft Spot!
    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete
  21. congrats on your 100th post! absolutely LOVE this card-it is colored to perfection!!!

    ReplyDelete