Thursday 25 August 2011

Make A Wish

Hi,Happy Thursday. Today I got my gypsy out and made a card! I'm not good at using it that much and it often winks at me when I open the drawer!! Well it had an outing today.Lol!
I knew what I wanted to make...a birthday candle card.


I love how this turned out. I'm going to make a few more of these because I don't know about you but I still never have a last minute card to hand when I need one!


A close up of the ribbon,pin and sentiment.

I welded the candle from Wrap it Up at 9" to make the card and then cut another one to cover the front. As always everything inked and 3d foam to pop the flame.

I am entering this over at Fantabulous Cricut where the challenge this week is Birthday Bash.

Sorry,I know this is photo heavy but I just wanted to show you this last piccie. I love crystals and have them around my craft room and the sun is shining(although I don't think it will be for too long) and they make beautiful prisms and this just happened to fall as I took this photo. Doesn't it just make the candle look as if it's lit?


Have a wonderful day.
Hugs, Jayne x

Ssh! Goodnight gypsy.x

23 comments:

  1. I LOVE this, Jayne! The little star pin is such a lovely touch. I love seeing cuts that I didn't know I had, too! (I have this cartridge but haven't noticed the candle.)
    Thanks for sharing the prism photo too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And thanks for playing along at FCCB as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just gorgeous Jayne! Your color choices were great and the pin is such a perfect touch!
    Shelly
    http://mypaperlove.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Gypsy is crying...let me out...let me out...you did some gorgeous work with it! Keep it on your table!! Thanks for creating with us at FCCB this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful card Jayne! At least I know I'm not the only one who doesn't favor her gypsy! LOL It's certainly not my favorite tool! :o)

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous, Jayne! What a great card! I love the paper and the star pin! So clever and creative! And the prism effect does make look like the candle is lit! Love this :)

    Lisa
    http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful job Jayne... your right, it does look lit! This is just fantastic and I may have to scraplift this sometime from you> Fabulous job and good luck at the challenge!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great shaped card- very creative and the candle looks lit! Awesome job :)Amy
    amyscraftingspace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is super cute! I am going to have to scrap lift this idea for sure. I just got this cart and haven't used it yet.

    Cheryl
    www.pinkandpaper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love this card it's adorable. The star pin is the perfect touch. The candle does look like it's lit,,,thanks for sharing and for joining us at FCCB this week.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is an adorable card and would be a handy quick make for emergencies.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Jayne,Great job with your AWESOME card!I just LOVE the little star pin and the paper you used,So SWEET!AMAZING job!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW!! love it and I wish I had that cartridge:) This would be perfect to make for my nephew who's turning 1:) Thanks for the inspiration!!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is super
    I love the dp,s and a candle shaped card how neat

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW! What a great card, your did great job with your Gypsy. Love the star pen.
    TFS!
    Cindy Lou

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is so cute. What did you do in the inside, stamp or just write something?

    ReplyDelete
  17. So glad your Gypsy was able to cme out and play...you two made a BEAUTIFUL card. Never seen a shaped candle bday card...love it! Thanks for playing along with us at FCCB this week.

    Happy Craftin'!
    Jewels

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so pretty!! And very creative! Thanks for joining Challenge Me Monday at FCCB :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Its very pretty Jayne and very creative!
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats on your top 3 spot- Love the card! :)Amy

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love this card. So great for any age or gender. I don't have this cart but I'm sure I can find a way to make something similar.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Jayne, this is super cute!!!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete