Thursday 4 August 2011

Sunflower Friend

Hello and happy thursday. How fast has this week flown? Just want to welcome my new followers and take the opportunity to thank each and every follower for making blogging so fun,your comments really lift my day especially when I'm working and can't get to craft!!

I made a quick and simple card today to enter in a couple of challenges. I am away for the next few days so wanted to have something to share with all my lovely friends!


Fantabulous Cricut - Let's be Friends
My Craft Spot - You make me smile
The Kraft Journal - Walk in my Garden


Family and friends are the sunshine of life and I think sunflowers represent sunshine, (stay with me!), so hence a sunflower cut at 3"  from Stretch Your Imagination and a Hero Arts 'friends' stamp stamped in the middle and surrounded by brown micro beads seemed appropriate for both challenges.
Tim Holtz kraft stash  and vintage photo inking. Flower popped on 3d foam. Clear epoxy dome over sentiment.

Have a great rest of the week,see you Sunday.
Hugs,Jayne x

20 comments:

  1. Pretty! I love the microbeads for the sunflower seeds! :)Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jayne know exactaly what you mean I can't craft at work but on my breaks I can blog....Hey you should like this card to the Kraft Journal Challenge it's Walk in my garden this week...and this card is fabulous! I love sunflowers have a happy day
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful and elegant! The brown microbeads add a perfect touch and your design is so fabulous! Love this gorgeous card!

    Lisa
    http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. So PRETTY Jayne! I like your analogy on the sunflower! It totally makes sense! :o) I'll miss coming here this week.... Got a lot of work to do.... UUGH! See ya Next Saturday! :O)
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jayne, what an adorable card creation. Just beautiful! ~Shen

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous, Jayne! I love the way you've done the sentiment in the center of the flower. It looks fabulous!
    Enjoy your little getaway!
    Thanks so much for playing along at My Craft Spot and Fantabulous Cricut!
    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great sunflower, Jayne, and I love that glossy center with the text! Great idea! Thanks for joining us at The Kraft Journal this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's very pretty Jayne. I love sunflowers too. Gret use of the seed beads.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun sunflower! This card is so colorful and fun! Thanks for joining us at The Kraft Journal!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card Jayne! The sunflower is great-love the beads! Thanks for playing with us at Fantabulous Cricut!
    Glenda
    FCCB DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful card! Just stunning! Thanks for joining the challenge at My Craft Spot.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sooooo pretty! I love your beautiful flower! Thanks for joining the fun at My Craft Spot!

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  13. So sweet! Love the center of the pretty sunflower ! Thanks for joining us at My Craft Spot !
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous card! I just love the sunflower and your genius use of beads...so cute!
    Cindy Porter
    http://cardcrazeeme53.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Jayne! This is beautiful! I love the sunflower and the microbeads really make the whole thing pop! Such a gorgeous design! Thanks for the smile today and thanks for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love it Jayne! Sunflowers are one of my favorites and I love how you used the micro beads for the texture! Is the card base an elegant edges cut or did you use a punch?
    And I agree, friends and family are wonderful!
    Thanks for playing along with us at FCCB!
    Sabrina
    http://scrappinwithsabrina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is lovely!! I ♥ the sunflower. Thanks for joining us this week at My Craft Spot.

    Hugs,
    Amy
    Scrapping Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  18. SO PRETTY! Thanks for sharing it with us at FCCB!

    ReplyDelete